CoinPeople.com

Got a roll of pennies

Kristofer

I went to the credit union and asked for a roll of pennies just to see if I could find any copper. After class I rushed home to check them out. I busted out the scale, and weighed them all. 20 were copper, not bad! Nearly half. So I checked the dates on all 20, they look correct. all in all I'm very happy with the haul. I'll check more dates when get home and try to examine for errors. wish me luck!!

Thanks, I really look forward to it. I can't wait until I find that one earth shaking coin. I hope that happens to me, as far as I can tell, I think most of us are still waiting, even after many years of doing this. maybe I'll get beginners luck!

Thanks, I really look forward to it. I can't wait until I find that one earth shaking coin. I hope that happens to me, as far as I can tell, I think most of us are still waiting, even after many years of doing this. maybe I'll get beginners luck!)))

Don't forget the check over those zinc coins. So far there have been some interesting errors reported.

I have found a few very interesting anomalies on some of the coins I have searched, including dropped letters, filled letters and even die cracks. Then there is the famous Wide A M., just when I thought I had that one nailed and posted it I was shot down because the letters were not wide enough. Maybe I will just have to forge my own really good Wide A M... :ninja:

There are also rotated dies that leave interesting doubling marks. Sometimes I think I found one and realize it is the lighting where I am that is making the magic happen.

Just yesterday I decided to research some bagged wheats I had put aside for a rainy day. I got through several pounds of the

1940 through 1958 and found many die cracks, filled numbers or letters, and one 1956D-1MM-001, considered a very impressive repunched mintmark and would go for about 10$ in uncirculated grade. Yeh, but mine is old and decrepit and loved and very used and has a lot of old age spotting, BUT IT IS MINE, all mine, and I ain't selling it.... not that anyone asked. Will get a pic posted as soon as I get through these others.

So, just keep on looking and you are bound to find something very interesting.

Corky

Thanks, I really look forward to it. I can't wait until I find that one earth shaking coin. I hope that happens to me, as far as I can tell, I think most of us are still waiting, even after many years of doing this. maybe I'll get beginners luck!)))

Don't forget the check over those zinc coins. So far there have been some interesting errors reported.

I have found a few very interesting anomalies on some of the coins I have searched, including dropped letters, filled letters and even die cracks. Then there is the famous Wide A M., just when I thought I had that one nailed and posted it I was shot down because the letters were not wide enough. Maybe I will just have to forge my own really good Wide A M... :ninja:

There are also rotated dies that leave interesting doubling marks. Sometimes I think I found one and realize it is the lighting where I am that is making the magic happen.

Just yesterday I decided to research some bagged wheats I had put aside for a rainy day. I got through several pounds of the

1940 through 1958 and found many die cracks, filled numbers or letters, and one 1956D-1MM-001, considered a very impressive repunched mintmark and would go for about 10$ in uncirculated grade. Yeh, but mine is old and decrepit and loved and very used and has a lot of old age spotting, BUT IT IS MINE, all mine, and I ain't selling it.... not that anyone asked. Will get a pic posted as soon as I get through these others.

So, just keep on looking and you are bound to find something very interesting.

Corky

oops! I thought I had not sent that, then go distracted by the cat, came back and did it again.

Can someone delete one of those or is it a forever mistake?

Corky

Meh, just accept the free post point, lol. I should double post more often.

• 2 months later...

Archived