CoinPeople.com

Contemporary Colonial Counterfeit? - With Pics!

Sunbi

I suspect this is a contemporary colonial cast counterfeit. Would that suspicion be on the mark?

EDIT: How on earth does one post an image here? I have tried over and over and nothing seems to work. Can some one lend me a hand?

u can upload ur image using photobucket (its free 2 make an acc or u can use tinypic.com no need 2 make an acc) an copy the link u get (the last link under the pic in a yellow box for photobucket) (and forum link in tinypic.com) an post it here :ninja: walaaa ur pic is posted ^_^

u can upload ur image using photobucket (its free 2 make an acc or u can use tinypic.com no need 2 make an acc) an copy the link u get (the last link under the pic in a yellow box for photobucket) (and forum link in tinypic.com) an post it here :ninja: walaaa ur pic is posted ^_^

I tried that but I kept getting a message saying that I wasn't allowed to do such things. Either that or the link would appear but not the images.

I will try again.

• 2 months later...

From my experience with the counterfeits of this series, most of what I have seen have been dated 1736-1739, then 1754, then 1773-1774. I have a whole handful of them in a bag of several thousand other British coins from ca. 1697-1967.

The appearance of the monarch is a bit more cartoonish in appearance, and Britannia on the reverse is more of a stick figure. Curiously and importantly they remain in fairly extensive quantities so they are easy to find. If you look on eBay etc. do a search on counterfeit, or evasion and they will turn up.

Archived