CoinPeople.com

Introducing Short Snorters 2005

Although a date is yet to be officially released for Short Snorter 2005, and this date will be after the present series of Short Snorters (the 2004 run) is completed. Art and i thought it'd be a nice idea to announce that the 2005 Short Snorter run will involve something new this year, something special, something that represented coinpeople and the fact that it is a world community. Therefore we decided to design some official Coinpeople snorters.

And here they are... (starting at the bottom) [please forgive the blurring of JPEG once again but my computer won't do it any other way other than JPEG or BMP). The notes are double sided (and will all have different numbers) [hence why the reverse is upside down on here, we fold them and glue them together).

The notes are of a light color with minimal designs because they have to be signing friendly.

1 Snort

gallery_58_27_40290.jpg

5 Snorts

gallery_58_27_7793.jpg

10 Snorts

gallery_58_27_7603.jpg

20 Snorts

gallery_58_27_13575.jpg

50 Snorts

gallery_58_27_50104.jpg

100 Snorts

gallery_58_27_38133.jpg

Art will be printing these off as and when and releasing them when Short Snorter 2005 kicks off.

Please sign me up for a set.

I believe Art has my snail-mail addy.

Jay

I think the notes are wonderful and I'd like to thank Ætheling for all of his hard work in creating them. When we start the 2005 Short Snorters on their rounds, I'll include a custom printed set of Snorts. Each person will be asked to sign the Snorts along with the other notes. When the project is completed, the Snorts will be used for special needs such as being auctioned off to provide funds for a CoinPerson in need. You get the idea.

So there will be only one official set of Snorts 2005 Series. I'll print them on low reflection matte photo paper. They'll be truly special.

:ninja:

Please sign me up for a set.

I believe Art has my snail-mail addy.

Jay

I had thought about printing off a few sets prior to the Short Snorter to anyone who was interested, but i didn't know if they'd be enough demand.* (i've yet to actually see these on paper!) :ninja:

(I've also got some other notes denominated in guineas too that will be appearing shortly).

*But doing that would complicate matters, different mintmark or not.

Hm, ok. But we still get to use our own notes for the 2005 Short Snorters right?

You'll have to ask Art about that, i was only called upon to design the notes after he saw my entry for the CP Dollars. I have no say when it comes to running the short snorter itself.

Hm, ok. But we still get to use our own notes for the 2005 Short Snorters right?

You absolutely will use your own notes for the ShortSnorters. The Snorts will be a single set of notes that we'll then use for some special purposes here at CoinPeople. They'll be 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100 Snorts. The idea is to make them something special.

I want to get a Ghana note for my ShortSnorter2005. I've got a terrific 5£ note that I was thinking of using but I'd rather go with the Ghana note.

You absolutely will use your own notes for the ShortSnorters. The Snorts will be a single set of notes that we'll then use for some special purposes here at CoinPeople.  They'll be 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100 Snorts. The idea is to make them something special.

I want to get a Ghana note for my ShortSnorter2005. I've got a terrific 5£ note that I was thinking of using but I'd rather go with the Ghana note.

OK, Cool ! ;)

Now where was that light house note.....

I will immediately search out an appropriate note for my '05 SS.

I may use an old Russian 100 rouble note [a biggie].

But, I'll just have to sort thru what I have...

OH WOW, now that's something neat. ;)

Question: *ARE THEY PURCHASABLE IF ONE REALLY WANT THEM SO BADLY? :ninja:? * ;)

What the Short Snorters?

If you want a set then i can print a set off. The ones i print off will probably differ in paper to the regular 'A' Mint sets, and they will have an 'S' mintmark "Subsidary Mint". Mintmark's not the right word i'm sure but it'll do.

If you want a full set of them ahead of schedule you only have to ask on here in this thread. This goes for everyone else too, although i should point out that the 'S' marked notes will only be printed off in very small numbers, perhaps five full sets, maybe 10 at a push if demand warrants it. (Of which i'll keep one set myself).

Oh and i'll send out the first four sets free of charge.

First four sets will be numbered;

CPSS 01602-CPSS 01605 (1 Snort)

CPSS 05602-CPSS 05605 (5 Snorts)

CPSS 10602-CPSS 10605 (10 Snorts)

CPSS 20602-CPSS 20605 (20 Snorts)

CPSS 50602-CPSS 50605 (50 Snorts)

CPSS 99602-CPSS 99605 (100 Snorts)

Sets will be provided with the last three serial numbers on each note matching.

The first four sets will be given away (first come, first served), another five sets will be auctioned off for a CP fund, which i'll build up over several months at this end until it's reasonable amount and then i'll mail it to Anton.

I think that's about it...

Would you like the notes signing by me?

And would you like a free complimentary set of 'S' mint Guinea notes to go with that? I'll reserve gxseries a set of those notes.

So that means there's only three sets left free and up for grabs!

They go to print tomorrow.

If anyone else wants a preliminary run of official 'S' mint Snorters then they will begin to appear in the auction section shortly.

Depending upon demand this might just be one or two sets to be auctioned off or as many as five more sets (although five is unlikely because of printing restrictions on this end as it costs me quite alot to print them, about 80c per note as i don't have my own printer). Going on the demand so far the free sets were snapped up in a morning, and a relatively quiet morning at that.

Anyone who does not get an 'S' mint set will have to wait for the official release of the 'A' mint sets by Art, these A sets will be the ones used in the short snorter run and thus will have a far higher mintage.

... these A sets will be the ones used in the short snorter run and thus will have a far higher mintage.

Actually the A mintage sets will have a very low mintage - 1 set on special paper. I'm not planning to make sets for anyone. The whole idea of the Snorts is to have them rare from the start. That way they have greater value when it comes time to auction them off for a fund raiser.

Ah well there we go then. A mint will be rarer still.

So if we make 7 full short snorter sets, six S mint ones and an A mint set.

Four S sets free to a good home (already decided), one set stays with me, and the other one will be auctionned off as and when i'm ready.

So getting them shall be tricky.

Actually the A mintage sets will have a very low mintage - 1 set on special paper. I'm not planning to make sets for anyone. The whole idea of the Snorts is to have them rare from the start. That way they have greater value when it comes time to auction them off for a fund raiser.

80cents? :ninja: I can print mine as low as 5cents, including the cost of papers and ink per page... ;)

80cents?  :ninja: I can print mine as low as 5cents, including the cost of papers and ink per page...  ;)

Well that's the prices they charge 40p per sheet for colour, it's only 5p for black and white. If my own printer still worked i could have printed dozens off now for a fraction of that price! (actually about the same as yours).

The S mint would have been ploughing out notes unstoppable. As it is that's unlikely at present.

I'll take a set if there are some left,

Why is Africa outlined in red?

Count me in on the passing of the bucks.

Dan

If i'd seen this sooner!

Ah the red, when i intially took the map all the continents were coloured in, i managed to shift most of it, but the 300 and odd different (minutely so) shades of red, green and blue around the edges was gona take a heck of alot of time to shift properly, and anyway the outline actually helps the design a little i find. Keeps the countries looking slimmer... :ninja: (and the right shape).