CoinPeople.com

Stop 1 - Host: Art

Guest Stujoe

Guest Stujoe
03April05:

Just to let you know that CoinPeople V has arrived in beautiful downtown Ocala, FL.

V has been busy, but not necessarily enjoying herself. Yesterday - Trip to WalMart - food shopping. V objected, but was overruled. Evening trip to WinnDixie - more food shopping. The little gal didn't object to this trip. She was tired of yard work, drywall patching, and removing old floor tiles.

Right now, V is checking out the CoinPeople website for interesting posts and/or auctions. V slept late this morning because of the Daylight Savings Time thingie.  V does not support the Daylight Savings time effort. Thinks it is unnatural.

Guest Stujoe
04Apr05:

Breakfast at Denny’s with the family. V had the grand slam. She got a little syrup one her. Ugh! Sticky. V’s a little under the weather. Travel can do that to a nickel. She’s also a little lonely. She wants to email and do online chat with her friends. Her use of the workstation is restricted to times when there can be "parental" supervision. She tends to run a little on the wild side.

artv1.jpg

Guest Stujoe
05Apr05:

Nothing interesting today. V helped to dig a few holes and spread some mulch. She rode along to take Fran’s jeep to the garage for repairs – again.

Guest Stujoe
06Apr05:

V has been playing with the dog and cat, but thinks that they’re both a little stupid. She’s probably correct. The dog is pretty old and wanders away about two or three times a week. He doesn’t go very far.

Guest Stujoe
07Apr05:

A nice chilly day for a round of golf. Unfortunately Art had to work so V had to go it alone. Played 18 at Golden Ocala, a beautiful course where each hole is a copy of a Nicholas Masters hole. She spent just a little time in the rough. She shot a 78 – 4 under. That’s right at Tiger Wood’s last score on that particular course.

artv2.jpg

Guest Stujoe
08Apr05:

Some chemistry has developed between George VI and V. They had to be moved to separate sides of the desk – a number of times.  George and V have been spending a lot of time driving around in the yellow Thunderbird that I got for her. It’s a little worrisome.

artv3.jpg

Guest Stujoe
09Apr05:

Today we did a bunch of yard work. It was difficult. Two different weed-eaters – one electric, one gas – neither was working. The electric kept breaking its line. The gas kept stalling and required like 15 pulls to get restarted. V learned a few new words but has promised never to repeat them. Weed cleaned most of the yard. Still some for tomorrow.

Now the little V is helping me to scan some First Day Covers into the system. I’m indexing them. Not sure what I’ll do with them. Probably they’ll go to eBay and such.

Jacksonville grandkids are here. So V has the fun of visiting with them. It was Amber’s 4th Birthday on Thursday, so we had a party for her. V kept trying to stick herself in the cake. It had chocolate and strawberry icing. Can’t blame her for trying.

Guest Stujoe
10Apr05:

Today George VI and V announced their engagement. Rumors at the Laughing Coin Ranch are flying. Talk of a Royal birth before the wedding is spreading. Charlie and Camilla may be off the hot-seat of shame if this pans out. I told V that she had to get permission from CoinPeople to marry. She decided to shack-up instead.

Guest Stujoe
11Apr05:

V and George spent the day cruising in the forest in V’s new Thunderbird. They liked it a lot. George had a tough time adjusting to driving on the right but fortunately all is well and no accidents. V is worrying that CoinPeople has been down so often lately. She’s afraid that everyone there will forget about her and she’ll be left forever stranded in a Post Office Box somewhere. George keeps referring to Ocala as that pit in the colonies. They decided that they don’t like bbq very much.

artv4.jpg

Guest Stujoe
12Apr05:

V helped to put the finishing touches on my Income Tax Returns. She didn’t really help on getting me money back. Some of V’s suggestions were a little on the wild side. V suggested that I sell all of my coins on CoinPeople at 1 cent each and subtract the loss from the taxes. I don’t think the IRS would go for it. They’re rather conservative. The suggestion about claiming each of my major coins as a dependent has some merit. You do have to pay the price for the coin and then there’s the upkeep – storage, silica gel, 2x2s, storage boxes, and safe-deposit fees. Maybe next year. Does anyone know the exact amount of prison time for this type of deduction?

Guest Stujoe
13Apr05:

An interesting day for the big V. She went house hunting with us - my wife and my daughter and her husband. George was in a snit and stayed home sunning himself in the gardens. It appears that all is not well in romance land. It seems that V was hosting quite a large and out-of-hand party of suitors last evening. George is rather jealous.

artv5.jpg

The kids are moving here from Rhode Island. They’re tired of the snow and winters and not being close to Mom & Dad & Rocky. Found a nice condo for rent for a while. So V got the day off from housework and yard work. She’ll have to make up for it  – overtime.

V mentioned that she found life in this part of Florida to be rather boring. Where’s the beach? Where’s the beach? That’s what she keeps asking. She’s anxious to try out that new string bikini that George insisted she buy.

Guest Stujoe
15Apr05:

Interesting day so far for the V. We got a big box of books about treasure hunting. They’re for the local Middle School Libraries. V ‘s in agreement that giving these interesting books to the kids is a good idea. V wants to have a picture taken with the stack of books and maybe a close-up of V on the cover of one of the books. We’ll see. George felt that coinage of the UK was underrepresented in the books. George is still in a snit about the party thing.

Just finished our before lunch projects. Vacuumed the whole house and washed the tile floors. It’s a lot of work. V got a little wet but didn’t mind – too much. George continued to work on his tan in the gardens. He’s had a terrible time adjusting to having to drink coffee at tea time and to having to get his own rather than have service provided. V refuses to serve.

artv6.jpg

Guest Stujoe
16Apr05:

Another day of golf for V and George.  George feels that the links in Scotland are better but V prefers the good old US.  They seem to have patched up their partying differences and are moving ahead with the wedding and baby shower plans.  V came in with an admirable 76 while George, who kept muttering about cricket being the only true sport, came in at a conservative 167.

artv7.jpg

Guest Stujoe
18Apr05:

CoinPeople problems again. V is becoming increasingly worried about her future. She wants to travel and see the world. What with the baby coming and the pending marriage, she wants to spread her wings and fly for a while. George keeps talking about “Royal duty”, “God, Queen, and Country”, and “Shiver me timbers”. He’s an odd bloke.

artv9.jpg

Dang! CoinPeople won't load -- AGAIN!!!   :ninja:

Guest Stujoe
19Apr05:

Food and plant shopping day so off we went. Lunch at Sonny’s, one of our favorite bbq joints. V liked it. George felt that the menu was a little sparse – no kippers - not even fish & chips. Long day shopping and then a bunch of Internet work. Some Ocala Coin Club proposals had to be prepared and printed.

Guest Stujoe
20Apr05:

Art’s postage meter was on the fritz today. George had a few suggestions about repairing it. Calling the service man was his most useful suggestion. V, always the lady, refused to participate in this exercise and instead went to the links. George was beside himself with worry. Rumors were alive in the coin stack and at the Laughing Coin Ranch that V actually had a date with that Terry guy from the new Canadian Dollar.  We all tried to reassure George but he kept muttering something about look at poor Charlie and what that Di woman did to him.

artv10.jpg

Guest Stujoe
21Apr05:

Today’s weather is wonderful. V has taken the day with Elizabeth for shopping, the spa, and some sunning. George has gone with some of the boys, Edward, Kwaune, and Tom Jefferson for an impromptu Bachelor Party. They said something about a show with coins breaking out of their slabs right there on the stage.

Guest Stujoe
22Apr05:

A very quiet day for V and George as they’re both hungover. Sleep and tomato juices are the main needs today. V was up to a trip to the Orlando airport. So off we went. Unfortunately the flight was scheduled for a different day, so home we came.

artv11.jpg

Guest Stujoe
23Apr05:

Trip to the airport for the actual flight. V enjoyed riding on Florida’s turnpike and liked seeing the big discount shopping malls. George wanted to know where the local Harrah’s was located.

Guest Stujoe
24Apr05:

Everyone spent a quiet day at home. The grandkids were here and quite busy. We planted a few bushes and hooked up some new hoses. Dinner at Sonny’s.

artv12.jpg

Guest Stujoe
25Apr05:

V is getting excited. She knows that on Wednesday, she gets to travel to the other side of Florida to visit with Mr. McDoo. She’s hoping that George will come along. He’s making a lot of waves. V thinks he’s getting cold feet. George is talking about Royal responsibility and such. This doesn’t look good.

Guest Stujoe
26Apr05:

V slept a lot today. I think it’s the excitement of the trip to Sarasota. She came to the Ocala Coin Club Meeting in the evening. Got to visit with some of the members. V felt that a few of them were a little grumpy and needed to “lighten up a bit”, my sentiments exactly. We reviewed the books for schools project and one of the books was put out for folks to peruse. Had about 8 people who want to order one for their libraries. Great auction. V helped with the bidding. She has rather conservative tastes. She won a roll of Wisconsin SQs. She gave them to me as a host gift (don’t bother looking in the box). It was a nice auction. We had 134 lots and all were put up for bid. Three lots passed with no bids because of high reserves.

artv13.jpg

Guest Stujoe
27Apr05:

V is snuggly packed into her travel box, along with George. They made up and are travelling together. They’re off to Sarasota. V felt that she would enjoy Sarasota more than Ocala. There are a lot of yachts there. She and George like that.

Bye V, bye George. Safe trips and great adventures.