CoinPeople.com

George I Sixpence 1723

Guest Stujoe

Guest Stujoe
george1.jpg

A George I Sixpence, undoubtedly one of my favourite English coins, this particular coin is one the most easily found of all the George I silver coins. The silver for minting this coin was supplied by the South Sea Company (of the bubble fame) and the initials SSC one the reverse stand for this.

• 10 years later...

I completed a monarch set of shillings Charles 11 - Elizabeth11 15 years ago; my son now has this set. average condition vG to F

I am now working on an equivalent sixpence set. When I finish, he will get that set as well.

I completed a monarch set of shillings Charles 11 - Elizabeth11 15 years ago; my son now has this set. average condition vG to F

I am now working on an equivalent sixpence set. When I finish, he will get that set as well.

It's nice that you can build the sets and then pass them on to someone who is interested in them. I wish my kids and grandkids would have an interest. Of course they'd gladly accept the sets so long as they could sell them and use the money for things they're into like boats or motorcycles or...