CoinPeople.com

BIG upgrade

akdrv

The software we currently use to run CoinPeople is a few versions behind the latest version. There have been several security issues discovered in the older versions of the software.

I think we'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade to the new version.

Some potential issues we'll have to fix after the upgrade:

1. Retro skin

2. No Friendly URLs (eg. www.coinpeople.com/Coin-Forum-f4.html)

3. Possible Gallery problems.

One big benefit is that we'll have the attachments working again in all browsers. I find it really annoying that I can't view attachments in Firefox.

I'm going to request the upgrade today and it should be done in a day or two. Please let me know if you experience any problems after the upgrade.

The upgrade is done.

Good news:

1. The skins are still there, including Retro.

2. Attachments work.

Bad news:

1. Gallery is not working.

Is everything else functioning properly?

I think I am on the new updated version. Are the polls removed in the new update?

Yes, I can see the problem with the polls. I'll let you know when I figure it out. :ninja:

The upgrade is done.

Good news:

1. The skins are still there, including Retro.

2. Attachments work.

Bad news:

Yes, I can see the problem with the polls. I'll let you know when I figure it out. :ninja:

So far it is working in firefox.

Thanks for the upgrade !!!

... I thought my 'puter screwed up somehow. All the forums had "new" posts. I've never seen that before :ninja:

Thanks for the upgrade !!!

... I thought my 'puter screwed up somehow. All the forums had "new" posts. I've never seen that before :lol:

yesterday's posting frenzy???? :ninja:

However, I see some minor flaws in Retro, on Firefox:

One of 'm is the window I get when I press reply in a post.

Since one image says more than 1000 words (and uses more disk space than 1000 words too :cry: ) I'll post a screen shot to show what I mean

http://www.coinpeople.com/uploads/11559678...27_23_10117.jpg

it's going wrong in the text properties area

Bad news:

Seems to work for me.....

Found another one:

I normally use teh quick reply thingy at the bottom of the page. There's this link "Show Smilies Pop Up Window" at the bottom of the page. If I click that, I do get the popup window with all smilies, but clicking a smilie doesn't add it to my post....

Me too, right now it is 13:45, but the clock thingy is saying 1:45pm :ninja:

God bless quirky american standards...

At least our monetary system is correct.

While looking for the time stamp settings, I found a setting

Type of text editor to use when posting

Rich Text Editor requires either IE6, Mozilla or Firefox

in the section "Board settings"

It was set to Standard Editor

Hoping that setting it to Rich Text Editor would solve the problem I described above, I set it to Rich Text Editor

To make a long story short: that's even worse, no editor shows up at all, so I went back to Standard Editor.

-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.

To avoid that we only seem to complain here:

Anton, Thanks very much for all the effort you put in this wonderfull site. Your work is definitely appreciated :ninja:

Keep up the good work and I hope thise minor glitches are solved soon and without too much problems.

:cry:

-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :lol:

;)

all my next posts end up in my last post here.... instead of in new posts....

What's going on?

I'm using the Fast Reply Box to put my text in... and then click Add Reply.

Windows XP

Firefox 1.5.0.6

Retro skin

This was originally 3 independent posts..... uhm ;) 4

let's see, I closed firefox and startedit again.....

nope, didn't help.....

hmmmm, works fine in another thread where I had the last post (the one about the attachments)

I think I am on the new updated version. Are the polls removed in the new update?

To get polls to work clear your browser cache. The new version uses updated JavaScript, and it does not work when the old script is cached.

I will look into all the other issues later today. Thanks for your reports! :ninja:

I normally use teh quick reply thingy at the bottom of the page. There's this link "Show Smilies Pop Up Window" at the bottom of the page. If I click that, I do get the popup window with all smilies, but clicking a smilie doesn't add it to my post....

I had the same problem until I cleared my cache. Please let me know if it works for you now.

Let's see if this will become a new post or will be auto-merged to my previous one.....

In the previous software, if you clicked a memeber's name, you would get a screen with some links like

- Find member's topics

- Find member's posts

- etc.

Not anymore :ninja:

Click "Profile Options" at the top right and you'll see all the "Find member..." commands.

I had the same problem until I cleared my cache. Please let me know if it works for you now.

let's try.....

not yet.....

--------------------------------- new post ------------------------------------------------------

Click "Profile Options" at the top right and you'll see all the "Find member..." commands.

nothing happens when I click that :ninja:

XP / Firefox / Retro

Archived