CoinPeople.com

Great Russian Silver collection link

Yes, I know I should have posted in the link section, but meh,

This is by a Japanese coin collector, and his Russian coin collections are more than amazing, as he has most of rubles by year type, which are hard to get hold, and some of them are in PROOF condition too!!! Not to forget that he does have TRIAL coins too!!! :ninja:

Sekine's silver ruble collection

Enjoy! ;)

• 1 year later...
Check Hess on sixbid.com All these coins are listed for sale. (Russia part I)

Thanks for this information, WCO! ;) Strange pricing, though ... who would pay CHF 1,000 for that (un?)circulated Romanov rouble?? ;) And a Gangut rouble for only CHF 1,500 ?? :ninja:

I finally had time to look at the coins older than Nicholas II in this sale. All I can say is ... ;) ...

Take a look at the run of roubles from around 1800 up through Alexander III -- there aren't too many missing items! And all are XF or better, many proofs or prooflike coins among them.

However, I DO NOT appreciate the auction house selling 8 poltinas as a LOT, and among them are very nice 1902 and 1909 examples! ;) I'm upset because you hardly ever see those years offered anywhere, much less in XF/AU condition, and I really don't need any of the other years in that lot. :ninja:

However, I DO NOT appreciate the auction house selling 8 poltinas as a LOT, and among them are very nice 1902 and 1909 examples! ;) I'm upset because you hardly ever see those years offered anywhere, much less in XF/AU condition, and I really don't need any of the other years in that lot. ;)

Bulk lotting can be controversial.

How do you like these bulk lots? :ninja:;);)

bulklotsdk1.gif

• 1 year later...

This is by a Japanese coin collector, and his Russian coin collections are more than amazing, as he has most of rubles by year type, which are hard to get hold, and some of them are in PROOF condition too!!! Not to forget that he does have TRIAL coins too!!! :ninja:

Enjoy! ;)

I can;t find any coins there!

I can;t find any coins there!

The collection link was originally posted in 2005.

In 2007, Sekine's collection was sold at auction and it appears that he has removed the pictures of his collection from his website.

You can see some of his coins starting HERE and in the following lots . Click on the images for a closer view.

Lots preceding this link were wire money. I don't know if they were Sekine's or not.

Enjoy! ;)

Thanks for the post!! GREAT site. His silver collection sure outweighs his copper collection, which I viewed since I am partial to the copper 5 Kopecks.